My Spray Tan Experience + What It’s All About
If you follow me on Instagram, then you always see me posting about my ~ flawless ~ looking spray tans. Well today we are here to chat all about spray tans – the process, the experience, and what it’s all about. I have been getting sprayed for about three years now and I will tell you – it’s the best thing I have ever done for myself. The feeling you get when you are tan is unmatchable, in my opinion. I used to wish I could be tan all year round because I was addicted to being that ~ perfect bronze ~ but was always worried about the serious threat of laying in a tanning bed for half of my life. But now ladies and gents, I am finally able to tan, whenever I please, without having all the risks.
Don’t get me wrong, I definitely used to sit in a tanning bed every single day of my life when I was in high school and college. I can’t even begin to stress how bad tanning beds are for you and your skin. Not only can they make you appear aged, but they can also cause skin cancer. I’m telling you RIGHT NOW… STOP. DOING. THAT. I know I know, it’s not what you want to hear, it took me YEARS to stray away from the warm glowing tanning beds, even knowing the danger they brought. But once you get introduced to CT Spray Tans, I promise you, you will never want to turn back.
Ct Spray Tans – Who is she and what does she do?
If you’re in the Connecticut area and in need of a fabulous spray tan, I’ve got you COVERED. CT Spray Tans was started, created, and founded by my good friend Lauryn D’Agostino. Lauryn has been spraying for years now and it all started way back when, she too, was obsessed with tanning but soon became diagnosed with an auto-immune disease which prevented her from staying out in the sun. While she, like a ton of us girls, wished to still be tan all year round, she created the perfect solution – CT Spray Tans. Lauryn now has her own spray tanning business which she works so hard at, and is incredible at, all while managing her social media marketing business at the same time. She began her focus on at home services when she first began spraying, but has expanded now to wedding parties, photoshoots, pageants, as well as body building competitions.
She continues to thrive and help educate people to lead healthier lives through the benefits of spray tanning. Lauryn is an excellent spray tanner and an amazing person all around. I always notice her spraying at the exact distance and perfect angle, making sure she gets every inch of your body even and covered. I have learned that a lot goes into the spray tanning process and this is not like the machines where they just randomly spray and you turn in a matter of 2 minutes. Not only does she make you feel so comfortable throughout the whole process, but Lauryn is the least judgmental person I have ever met and I am never afraid to be myself around her. You don’t ever have to be afraid or feel awkward about being fully or half naked in front of her because she makes it a point to make sure that all of her clients feel comfortable too!
Frequent Questions + The Process
- How long does it take? It takes about 15 to 30 minutes for the full spray, and about another 30 to dry before you can put your clothes on.
- Do you have to be naked? Everything is up to YOU and whatever makes you feel the most comfortable. I usually go completely naked or sometimes with just a thong or bikini bottoms (I love to see the tan line, so sometimes I’ll wear something depending on my mood.) Otherwise you can go in your bra/underwear or a bathing suit. Just be sure its not one of your favorites because it will get some color on it, but for the most part it always washes right off.
- How much does it cost? The cost ranges depending on how many sessions you do/what type of spray you get. The price varies but mostly about $65 to $75 for one single session! If you want to make an appointment or want a definite price, feel free to contact Lauryn HERE.
- What color do you get? The color depends on how dark you want your spray to be. Personally, I usually go with the the Ultra Dark Rapid Development because your girl is PALE! This one sits on for about 6 hours before rinsing – sense the word ‘rapid’, but different solutions can take different amounts of times and produce different colors. There’s ultra dark, bronze, clear, shimmer and more! It’s best to discuss with Lauryn they type of look you are going for and she will take it from there.
- Isn’t spray tanning a bunch of chemicals? While some spray companies and colors are full of a ton of harsh chemicals which are no better than laying in a bed, Lauryn uses Infinity Sun Solutions that are organic and anti aging formulas which are clean, safe, and FDA approved.
- What is the before process? Before you get to your appointment you want to shower, shave, and EXFOLIATE. This is THE MOST important part. This helps to make sure you are getting the most even tan. That, AND be sure to JUST DRY OFF after the shower. No deodorant, skincare, lotions or ANYTHING the color can stick to or distort. After the tan, you will dry for about 30 minutes until you are good to put your clothes back on.
- What to wear after? It’s recommended that you bring your loosest fitting clothing that touches your skin the least. I always bring my baggiest sweatpants and a huge oversized button down or if I’m going right home after, I’ll just throw on my robe LOL. Again, be aware you will see some fallback on your clothing but not to worry it usually washes right off.
- Side note if you bring shorts or anything along those lines, be sure to bring a towel to sit on in your car – ESPECIALLY if you have leather seats!
- What about my hair? Not to worry! Lauryn always gives you a cap that covers your hair that keep the spray from getting in your hair! She also has little stickies that go onto the bottoms of your feet so you are not standing in all the fallback with stains on your feet.
- What is the after process? Be sure not to get anything wet and most definitely try not to sweat. After you have sprayed, depending on the color, you let it sit and dry off for the given amount of time, and then you have to rinse in the shower. Don’t be alarmed – you will be looking pretty dark after a few hours. This is normal and not as dark as you are going to look! Once you do a quick rinse you will see the water run clear and thats when you know you are good. Carefully dry off by patting dry and WAH LAH – you are TAN and GOOD TO GO! Be sure to keep your skin hydrated by moisturizing often.
- How long dos it last? Spray tans can last up to two weeks with proper maintenance and care. The least amount of showers in between the better. Hydration is key and you should always have a good moisturizer lotion on hand. To maintain your tan, you can get sprayed every two weeks. This leaves enough time for your tan to last but also so you can exfoliate fully right before the next one.
Above is my spray about two rinses and one full shower after getting my spray tan. It lasted my the whole wedding weekend and I was glowing – literally the entire time.
All and all, spraying with Lauryn is a wonderful experience. Lauryn makes sure you are comfortable, safe, and of course, TAN. I will say it one more time just to get it through your head – skip the tanning bed and take care of your skin! The solutions she uses are by Infinity Sun which are SAFE (organic and anti aging formulas) and FDA APPROVED. Not only do you look great, but you FEEL AMAZING and you are protecting your skin all at the same time. If you have been thinking about getting a spray tan with Lauryn but were unsure, I hope this info helped so this is your sign to do it! I SWEAR there is some sort of magic that happens to you once you are tan. It’s a feeling like no other and a feeling I want to keep forever. I will continue to go to her and keep this glow all year round.
If you have any other specific questions regarding Spray Tans, feel free to contact me or Lauryn! Please don’t ever hesitate to reach out and send me a DM about anything. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have – about sprays or anything in general! Thank you so much for reading!
UNTIL NEXT TIME,
Be sure to follow me on Instagram for daily updates, deals, outfits, travel posts, food spots, and MORE!
Leave a Reply